The Special Awards Program offers awards in the following categories:
- The Distinguished Service Award recognizes outstanding achievement in hospital pharmacy practice. Nominations are invited from the membership.
- The Isabel E. Stauffer Meritorious Service Award recognizes prolonged service and involvement with CSHP, primarily at the branch or chapter level. Nominations are invited from the membership.
- The Hospital Pharmacy Student Award recognizes pharmacy students who show promise as future hospital pharmacy practitioners through their student activities or their experiential training in direct patient care, research or education. The winner exhibits eagerness, dedication and a positive attitude toward the academic learning, the practice, and the profession of hospital pharmacy.
The General Awards Program offers awards in the following categories:
- Management and Leadership Best Practice Award
- New Technology Award
- Patient Care Enhancement Award
- Pharmacotherapy Best Practices Award
- Safe Medication Practices Award
- Specialties in Pharmacy Practice Award
- Teaching, Learning, and Education Award
Members of the Society are welcome to submit an award application or nomination. Winners are recognized at the annual awards ceremony, held each year at the Professional Practice Conference (PPC).
Grant Programs / Branch Awards
- The Continuing Education Travel Grant program has been established to provide supplementary funding that will enable CSHP members in each branch who receive the grant to attend conferences and educational events of relevance to their pharmacy practice.
- The Pharmacy Practice Residency Award recognizes pharmacy practice residents whose major projects are judged to be most deserving in terms of significant innovation, practical application, and/or development in an institutional pharmacy practice setting.
- CSHP Branches establish local awards. Find more information by visiting the branch websites.