CSHP is searching for our next CPRB Coordinator
April 3, 2023
Coordinator, Canadian Pharmacy Residency Board
The incumbent will coordinate the work of the Canadian Pharmacy Residency Board (CPRB) and CPRB-accredited pharmacy residency programs which operate within the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists. The Coordinator is responsible for the operations of the CPRB Board and committee meetings; the workflows of the accreditation, standards and the Pharmacy and Residency Application and Matching Service (PRAMS) programs; and the information system and communications functions required. This role reports directly to the Chief Pharmacy Officer, but requires close collaboration with the Chair, as well as other CPRB members and sub-committee members.
- Administer and support the operations of the Canadian Pharmacy Residency Board, its members and committees.
- Organize the workflow of pharmacy residency program support, including accreditation, standards-setting, and the residency matching program.
- Handle communications with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and be responsible for the relevant information systems.
Partial list of duties
CPRB board and committee operations
- Manage all meeting logistics, including developing board and committee work plans and calendars, timely preparation and distribution of agendas, notifications, and advance reading material.
- Attend and serve as a recording secretary for board and as required, committee meetings, preparing and maintaining minutes, policies, and other public and confidential documents of the board and its committees in a timely manner.
- Communicate all decisions, actions, directives, and important information following board and committee meetings to the appropriate individuals or stakeholders.
- Anticipate and follow up on outstanding agenda items, taking action to ensure information is provided to the board and committee members.
- Liaise with CSHP Board administration to support CPRB’s Chair’s participation in meetings and draft written report and PowerPoint presentations for CSHP Board meetings.
- Compile and report key metrics regarding residency programs (e.g., number of programs, residency programs, and ratio of applicants to matched applicants)
- Annually update CPRB documents, in collaboration with CPRB members (e.g., CPRB Accreditation Standards, Policy and Procedures, Strategic Business Plan) and coordinate translation
- Accreditation Surveys
- Maintain and update survey schedule and documents as required
- Act as liaison between residency programs and CPRB surveyors on survey processes and accreditation
- Ensure that accreditation decisions are communicated promptly and accurately through program survey letters and formal final survey reports
Liaise with external information services provider regarding enhancements and updates to PRAMS program
Communicate with applicants and programs on application and matching process
Contribute to the resolution of issues that arise during the application-matching process
- Accreditation Surveys
- Maintain strict version control and updates for CRPB Accreditation Standards
- Ensure annual updates are translated and published to the CPRB website
Communications and Information Systems
- Act as the CSHP office point of contact for accredited pharmacy residency programs, program applicants, and CPRB members
- Maintain the CPRB section of the CSHP website
- Manage Sharepoint site for CPRB and committees, including membership rosters, documents, permissions, etc.
- Liaise with appropriate CSHP staff on material for Interactions, Avenues for Education, Annual Reports, event scheduling, publicity, and promotions.
- Assist with and verify travel expense claims for volunteers and staff
- Liaise with finance for invoicing and payments
- Handle logistical arrangements and/or liaise with other CSHP staff for webinars and special events, such as the Student and Residency Networking event
- Postsecondary education required. Equivalent experience will also be accepted.
Skills and Experience
- 5 years of senior administrative roles including specialized knowledge of board governance procedures and project management experience, ideally in a non-for-profit organization
- Extensive computer and software skills, especially in Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint and database programs
- Accurate, detail-oriented, and high-quality outputs
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to be flexible when priorities shift
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive matters
- Fluency in both official languages an asset
Location and travel
- The position can be housed in the CSHP National Office in Ottawa or staffed remotely.
- Occasional travel within Canada is required.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
About the CPRB:
An affiliated board of the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists, the Canadian Pharmacy Residency Board (CPRB) establishes standards and conducts accreditation surveys of pharmacy residency training programs in Canada. It also establishes policies and procedures that support those processes and develops education and research initiatives related to residency programs and residency training.