ICYMI: PAM 2022 highlights
March 23, 2022
Thanks to your efforts and enthusiasm, it's been a vibrant and fun-filled Pharmacy Appreciation Month! In case you missed it, keep reading for a round-up of some of our favourite moments of #PAM2022 so far.
- Listen to CSHP President Zack Dumont's interview with HealthPRO. Zack highlighted the valuable work of hospital pharmacy "unsung heroes," the challenges we face, and big practice changes on the horizon. Watch the conversation here.
- Read a Victoria Hospitals Foundation interview with Sean Spina, CSHP President-Elect. Sean shared his perspective on hospital pharmacy's essential role in the Hospital at Home program, and the importance of evidence-based advocacy: "I have dedicated much of my career to using data to advocate for recognition in the healthcare system of the essential role that our teams play in care delivery." Read the interview here.
- Check out a recent interview with CSHP's 1999 Distinguished Service Award winner Bonnie Salsman, who reflects on her legendary pharmacy career and the many changes she's witnessed in the profession. See the conversation here.
- Read the inspiring story of two young patients, ages 6 and 7, whose debilitating drug-resistant epilepsy was treated with life-changing medications thanks to a pharmacy team at Hamilton Health Services. Read the story here.
- Check out all the amazing stories and hospital pharmacy love on social media: Tributes to pharmacy teams from hospitals, kudos and special shoutouts, advocacy highlights, and your awesome lists of reasons you're proud to be a hospital pharmacy professional.