Purpose and criteria
This award is presented to an undergraduate pharmacy student who exhibits the traits of a future hospital pharmacy practitioner and has shown a commitment to hospital pharmacy practice:
- The candidate exhibits eagerness, dedication, and a positive attitude toward academic learning and the profession and practice of hospital pharmacy
- The candidate has received training in an organized healthcare setting
- The candidate has participated in the education of healthcare practitioners, the public or patients
- The candidate may have participated in voluntary CSHP and CAPSI activities
- The candidate has been endorsed by a preceptor or supervisor who can attest to their worthiness for this award through their stated contributions to hospital pharmacy
This award is open to any student pharmacist who is a member of both CSHP and CAPSI and is enrolled in an undergraduate pharmacy program at a Canadian university at the time the application is submitted. Only one award will be granted each year; if there are no qualified candidates, the award will not be given.
About the award
The recipient may choose to be presented at either CAPSI's Professional Development Week (PDW) or CSHP’s Professional Practice Conference (PPC). The recipient will receive a framed certificate, complimentary conference registration, and travel and accommodation to attend the event.
Award submissions will be adjudicated by the CSHP National Awards Committee. A CAPSI representative will be invited to assist in the selection process. Assessment will be based solely on the information provided. In the event of a peer-nomination, additional details may be requested by the Awards Committee.
- Applications due by October 31 (23:59 Pacific Time)
- Winner contacted in December
- Winner announced in January via website, email, and social media
Nominate yourself or someone else for an award using this nomination form.
Please provide the following documents with your completed nomination form:
- A letter of recommendation (not exceeding 500 words) from the candidate's preceptor or supervisor. This letter should indicate why the candidate is worthy of the award and how they fulfill the award criteria. The preceptor or supervisor may or may not be a CSHP member.
- The candidate's curriculum vitae (not exceeding two pages) which includes a summary of CSHP/CAPSI involvement.
Completed nominations may be returned to CSHP by mail, fax, or email.
Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists
30 Concourse Gate, Unit 27, Ottawa ON K2E 7V7
If you would like more information, please contact Robyn Rockwell, Membership and Awards Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-909-9964.