Hospital Pharmacy Student Award
Submission deadline: October 22, 2021 (23:59 Pacific Time)
Christine Vaccaro, University of Manitoba
Purpose and criteria
This award is presented to an undergraduate pharmacy student who exhibits the traits of a future hospital pharmacy practitioner and has shown a commitment to hospital pharmacy practice:
- The candidate exhibits eagerness, dedication, and a positive attitude toward academic learning and the profession and practice of hospital pharmacy
- The candidate has received training in an organized healthcare setting
- The candidate has participated in the education of healthcare practitioners, the public or patients
- The candidate may have participated in voluntary CSHP and CAPSI activities
- The candidate has been endorsed by a preceptor or supervisor who can attest to their worthiness for this award through their stated contributions to hospital pharmacy
This award is open to any student pharmacist who belongs to both CSHP and CAPSI and is enrolled in an undergraduate pharmacy program at a Canadian university at the time the application is submitted. Only one award will be granted in a given year; if there are no qualified candidates, the award will not be given.
About the award
The award will be presented virtually at CSHP's Together Conference 2022. The recipient will receive a $200 cash prize (funded by CAPSI), a framed certificate, and complimentary conference registration.
Award submissions will be adjudicated by the CSHP National Awards Committee. Assessment will be based solely on the information provided. In the event of a peer-nomination, additional details may be requested by the Awards Committee.
- Applications due by October 22, 2021 (23:59 Pacific Time)
- Winner contacted by December 6, 2021
- Winner announced in January via website, email, and social media
Nominate yourself or someone else for an award using this nomination form .
Please provide the following documents with your completed nomination form:
- A letter of recommendation (not exceeding 500 words) from the candidate's preceptor or supervisor. This letter should indicate why the candidate is worthy of the award and how they fulfill the award criteria. The preceptor or supervisor does not have to be a member of CSHP in order to submit a letter
- The candidate's curriculum vitae (not exceeding two pages)
Completed nominations may be returned to CSHP by mail, fax, or email.
Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists
30 Concourse Gate, Unit 3, Ottawa ON K2E 7V7
Toll Free: 877-340-2756, ext. 222
If you would like more information, please contact Robyn Rockwell, Membership and Awards Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 340-2756, ext. 222.