The Awards Program recognizes hospital pharmacists who have made a significant contribution to the improvement of pharmacy services through innovations and developments in the field, original research, scholarly papers or publications. This program is made possible through the interest and support of pharmaceutical firms whose generosity is acknowledged.
CSHP Branches establish local awards. Find more information by visiting the branch websites.
Pharmacy residents are eligible to apply for a Pharmacy Practice Residency Award through their branch. This award recognizes individuals whose major project is judged to be most deserving in terms of significant innovation, practical application, and/or development in an institutional pharmacy practice setting.
Fellowship in CSHP is conferred by the Fellows (FCSHP) Recognition Committee upon Members who have demonstrated noteworthy, sustained service and excellence in the practice of pharmacy in an organized healthcare setting. The goals of the Fellowship Program are as follows:
- To challenge CSHP members to achieve peer recognition for excellence in practice
- To promote worthwhile contribution to the literature of pharmacy
- To promote research in pharmacy
- To promote the role of pharmacists as primary health care professionals through active involvement in hospital, professional, educational, and community activities
- To recognize members who serve as models for others through exemplary practice
In recognition of outstanding career contributions to hospital pharmacy or some related field of healthcare, CSHP Members may nominate their colleagues for an honorary CSHP membership .
Service is recognized at the 10-year and 25-year mark. 10-year Members and Supporters are are listed on the website. 25-year Members and Supporters receive a commemorative lapel pin and are recognized on both the website and at an appropriate branch event.