Code of Conduct Policy - Conferences and educational events
CSHP strives to maintain a safe and inclusive teaching and learning environment through the adoption of a Code of Conduct.
A Code of Conduct promotes responsibility, respect, civility, and sets clear standards of behaviour for all Faculty and Learners. The goal is to create a positive environment where all faculty and learners feel safe, included, and accepted.
All participants (including Faculty, Learners and Staff) involved in CSHP CPD programs will:
- Respect and comply with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Respect differences in people, their ideas, and their opinions
- Respect and treat others fairly, regardless of age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, colour, place of origin, culture, citizenship, ancestry, origin, religion, creed, family status, marital status, socio-economic status, employment, housing, disability
- Treat one another with dignity and respect at all times, and especially where there is disagreement
- Maintain confidentiality
- Respect the needs of others to work in an environment that is conducive to learning and teaching
- Seek CSHP staff assistance, if necessary, to resolve conflict peacefully
Registration and presenter contracts for educational programs will include a link to the code of conduct policy and ask for a commitment to comply with the policy.