Apply Now for an Education Sabbatical Grant!
By: Amanda Iannaccio
The CSHP Foundation is pleased to offer CSHP members with dedicated funding to support an Education Sabbatical Grant.
CSHP Foundation Sabbatical Grant Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant is a current CSHP Member
- Applicant has been a CSHP member for at least 12 months at the time of the grant submission (membership in the past 12 months could have been as a CSHP member, new member or member-in-training)
- Application does not duplicate funding already held for this sabbatical. If an additional funding source is being solicited, the funding source and decision date for that funding source is to be declared
- Applicant has not received a CSHP Foundation Education Grant in the past year
Education Sabbatical Grant Submission Required Elements
For the Applicant:
- A written proposal (no more than 2 pages) which includes:
- Reasons for wanting to complete a sabbatical
- Description of the specific skills that will be acquired during the proposed sabbatical
- How the new skills will enhance the applicant’s future performance as a pharmacy practitioner (educator, clinician or researcher)
- How the skills will be applied to the applicant’s practice
- A written report (no more than 2 pages) to include:
- Description of the clinical practice at the mentoring facility
- A detailed timeline for the proposed visit
- A detailed budget with description of costs
- Funding can be used for travel, meals on travel days only (subject to CSHP Travel Expense Reimbursement policy limits), lodging, and tuition
- Funding cannot be used to supplement any existing salaries or compensate the grantee’s group for time lost in practice
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae
- A letter of support from the applicant’s employer, if applicable.
For the Mentor:
- A letter of support (no more than 2 pages) including an assessment of the applicant’s ability to complete his or her proposed program.
- Mentor’s curriculum vitae
NOTE: The following activities are not eligible for an education sabbatical grant: conference attendance and related travel; residency and fellowship programs; accredited academic degree programs; and research projects.
Submissions are to be sent to Janet Lett, CSHP National Office, at email@example.com.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: March 29, 2019