Call for Applications: CSHP Representative to the Pharmacy Technician Programs Committee of the Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs
By: Amanda Iannaccio
CSHP is seeking a member interested in being appointed to represent CSHP to the Pharmacy Technician Programs Committee (PTPC) of the Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP). The PTPC provides operational support and guidance to CCAPP’s accreditation service to pharmacy technician programs at community, regional and career colleges in Canada.
Objectives of the Pharmacy Technician Programs Committee
- Review accreditation survey findings and progress reports from pharmacy technician programs, to arrive at recommendations regarding the accreditation award that should be conferred on a pharmacy technician program.
- Provide advice about services that CCAPP might offer to assist programs in achieving the Standards.
- Provide advice about changes to accreditation standards and processes used by CCAPP with respect to pharmacy technician programs.
- Promote consensus, cooperation, participation and learning among all members.
Desired Qualifications of the CSHP Representative
- Familiarity with existing and proposed roles of hospital pharmacy technicians.
- Knowledge of hospital pharmacy expectations for education and training requirements for pharmacy technicians.
- Interest and familiarity with academic developments in the education (faculty and practice-based) of pharmacy technician students, and related international perspectives.
- Experience with working on pharmacy issues at the national level beneficial.
CSHP Candidate Criteria
- Current CSHP Membership (minimum 2 years preferred).
- Working in the area of interest of the representative position.
- Extensive knowledge in the subject area of the representative position.
- General skill or expertise in the profession that would be beneficial to the external organization.
- Respected member of the pharmacy community.
- Past active involvement in CSHP at the national or branch levels.
- CSHP representatives are required to file a report to the CSHP Board twice yearly.
- Term: 2 years, renewable for 2 additional terms of 2 years each (6 years total) upon completion of the first appointment.
- The Committee meets at least twice per year, usually be teleconference.
Instructions for Applicants
Please submit the following documents by the deadline date:
- Copy of your curriculum vitae.
- One-page statement describing your past involvement with CSHP, your interest in volunteering for this position, and how your skills complement the position.
- CSHP Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form (click here to access the form).
Submit the above noted documents to the CSHP office by fax (613-736-5660) or scan and e-mail the documents to Rosemary Pantalone at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the role of a CSHP Representative, please contact Rosemary Pantalone.
Deadline Date for Applications: Monday, April 29, 2019.