Fees and Application Requirements
It is critical that your application be complete when it is submitted. Any incomplete application will render the applicant ineligible to apply to any program.
Payment of fees: $200 registration fee (allows application for up to 8 programs).
- If you want to apply to more than 8 programs, each additional program application costs $25.
- Anyone applying to one or more programs in British Columbia is required to pay an additional $50 fee.
Personal information: name, address
Status: citizenship (Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or holder of a valid Canadian work permit), eligibility for licensure
Education: include at least one Secondary institution and one Post-Secondary institution
Secondary and Post-Secondary Education: level of education completed, name of school, location, start and end dates from the following:
- at least one Secondary institution
- at least one Post-Secondary institution
Additional information about your pharmacy program: whether you have completed directed studies and/or graded projects and/or up to 5 selective courses and/ or other relevant education education experiences that you wish to highlight that were in addition to the requirements of your program; also list pharmacy program experiential/practicum placements required for degree completion including details regarding:
Work experience (including Co-op experiences: name of organization, location, position title, start and end dates, name of supervisor, and duties
Community Service / Volunteer Experience: name of organization, location, position title, start and end dates, name of supervisor, and duties
Leadership Experience: name of organization, location, position title, start and end dates, name of supervisor, and duties
Extracurricular Activities: sports, performance in the arts, hobbies, including dates of involvement and organization, as applicable, starting with the most recent
Publications and Major Presentation: names and dates and any brief details of publications and major presentations (excluding those required by the pharmacy program).
Professional Organizations/Affiliations/Memberships: memberships with professional organizations including dates of involvement, starting with the most recent.
Essay: describing the following (max. 600 words / 4000 characters), which includes:
- Your reason for applying for a residency program and how it aligns with your career goals
- Your expectations of a residency program
- How your life experiences to date have prepared you for a residency program
- Tell us something about yourself that we have not asked of you in this application.
Refer to Sample Application Documents for an example of the application and reference forms.
Documents: The application process requires that you submit the following documents:
- Unofficial transcript from your pharmacy program (mandatory) - must include student name/ student number/ course marks/ course grades.
- Unofficial transcripts from any additional post-secondary institutions you attended (encouraged but not mandatory).
- High school transcripts are not necessary.
- The term “unofficial”, as it pertains to the transcript, denotes that the applicant procures and directly submits the document to the PRAMS. It can be an unsealed document and is not expected to be submitted by the education institution.
- If you have more than one transcript for a single course or certification, please combine them into one PDF before uploading.
- Official transcripts may be required directly by the programs later in the application program but this is independent of the PRAMS.
Some programs require additional information to assess applications. Be sure to check the program(s) you will be applying to and the CSHP website to know if additional information is required. That information will not be uploaded into PRAMS.
References: During the application process you are expected to submit the names and contact information for 3 references. You will enter each of your selected references into PRAMS which will automatically send an electronic reference form for them to complete.
- It is a good idea to contact your references in advance to confirm expectations and to confirm their availability to complete the reference form.
- Be sure to select referees who know you well and who will comply with the application program’s deadline.
Time: The application process requires careful consideration and the uploading of documents. Be sure to set aside enough time to complete the application process. Do not leave the application to the last minute. Stay attuned to the key dates that occur after your application is submitted, and plan accordingly.