Manager, Pharmacy Services, Career Opportunity Available with Pacific Blue Cross
Manager, Pharmacy Services
Claims Services Department
Pacific Blue Cross has been British Columbia's leading benefits provider for 75 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. Together with our subsidiary BC Life, we provide health, dental, life, disability and travel coverage for approximately 1.5 million British Columbians through employee group plans and through individual plans for those who do not have coverage with their employers.
We are fueled by a commitment to keep health care sustainable for all British Columbians. Through our Community Connection Health Foundation, we also provide funding to community organizations with a focus on alleviating mental illness and chronic disease. We're interested in finding people who want to make a difference and who will take advantage of every opportunity to build a career with us.
Pacific Blue Cross offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, fitness programs, and an onsite gym and cafeteria. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
We are currently recruiting for a Manager, Pharmacy Services to join the Claims Services team.
Under the broad direction of the Director, Pharmacy Services, the Manager helps drive drug sustainability and innovation by researching, analyzing and recommending best practices on all aspects of pharmacy services including but not limited to clinical pharmacy services, drug management techniques, cost containment strategies, formulary drug approval and design, with intent to optimize care and improve the health and wellbeing of British Columbians; reviews and approves special authority and other drug requests including high cost drugs using evidence based medicine techniques and principles; represents PBC at various events as an observer, participant or presenter in order to assist PBC in its positioning as a leader in effective, sustainable drug management and clinical pharmacy services. Analyzes the impact of national and provincial legislation on all aspects of pharmacy services.
This unique and challenging role will be located at our head office in Burnaby.
Key Accountabilities Include:
Organization Planning and Effectiveness
- Researches, analyzes, and recommends best practices to PBC on all aspects of pharmacy services improving overall effectiveness and efficiency in order that PBC remain competitive in its mandate to optimize care and improve the health and wellbeing of British Columbians.
- Acts as an expert pharmacy services resource to internal departments by analyzing and explaining drug usage trends, industry news and trends, and the impact of legislative changes.
- Reviews and approves special authority drugs and other drugs including high cost drugs.
- Reviews disputed claims and issues and makes recommendations for successful resolution.
- Reviews drugs to be considered for the various formularies using evidence based principles and techniques.
- Manages and acts as a resource to pharmacy analysts and monitors day to day activities.
Customer, Client and Member Service
- Researches, analyzes and recommends best practices to employers to guide their decision making for plan design and benefits offerings to their employees.
- Participates as requested in sales presentations and client visits.
- Represents PBC externally as an observer, participant or presenter and show casing optimal care opportunities and current and future trends in pharmacy benefit management particularly in the area of plan sustainability and innovation.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with key stakeholders contributing to positioning PBC as leader in effective, sustainable drug management.
- Monitors drugs usage trends to ensure safe, effective, rational, legal and economic use of drugs.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of pharmaceutical and drug management practices through continuous learning initiatives.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in community and clinical pharmacy
- BC licensed pharmacist in good standing
- Knowledge of public reimbursement programs
- Experience in managing drug programs an asset
- Experience with reimbursement plan design an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office, including intermediate level Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Minimal travel required throughout province of BC
Please apply via our website at: http://www.pbchbs.com/Corp/company/careers/
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.