Manager, Pharmacy Services, Position Available with Scarborough Health Network, General Hospital (Full-Time, Permanent)
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca.
Manager, Pharmacy Services
Scarborough Health Network, General hospital (with cross-site responsibilities)
Reporting to the Director of Pharmacy, the Manager provides direction, creative and innovative leadership, plans, organizes, assesses, monitors, and evaluates all aspects of pharmacy services. The Manager will coordinate and evaluate opportunities for continuous quality improvement within and external to the hospital. The successful candidate will also ensure the Ontario College of Pharmacist (OCP) Standards are maintained and encourage excellence in practice and patient safety. The manager is also responsible for human and financial resources and drug procurement and usage at Scarborough Health Network, General hospital. The manager works collaboratively with health care team to ensure safe, efficient and effective delivery of patient care in accordance with the strategic plan and philosophy and values of SHN.
- Provision of leadership by designing, implementing, monitoring and revising department processes and procedures using LEAN methodology
- The ongoing development of pharmacy team and serves as the link between staff, physician leaders, and other clinical and non clinical leaders
- Participation in visioning, planning, and evaluation of pharmacy programs and services at local, regional and national levels
- Accountability for budget, resource allocation, utilization management, safety, quality and risk management and the promotion of service excellence
- Minimum of 1 year of progressive hospital management experience
- Licensure with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Demonstrated ability for independent action, independent thought, creativity, ingenuity and self motivation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to foster and develop teams as well as effective mentoring and coaching skills
- Demonstrated effective negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organization, information/data management skills, well developed judgement and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving, change management, budget forecasting and risk management skills are key requirements
- Advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of principles, practice trends and technological developments in the field of Pharmacy
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements governing pharmacy
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance
Please visit our website to apply to this position:
Job Number: J0419-0970
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.