Maternal Fetal Medicine
News and Events
Once a year, the PSN hosts a business meeting for 15-30 minutes via teleconference, at a convenient time for its members. This meeting is a chance for members to be briefed about the current news and events in the PSN, to volunteer for PSN related activities and to recommend topics for future CSHP education events.
Unless otherwise noted, the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists (CSHP) does not endorse or imply endorsement of the resources provided here.
These resources are provided without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of the user of the resource to judge its suitability for his or her particular purpose within the context of his or her practice and the applicable legislative framework. In no event shall CSHP or any persons involved in providing the resource be liable for damages arising from its use.
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
- Infantrisk (Texas Tech Medical School)
Or call for help with a specific question: 1-806-352-2519
- LactMed Online database that gives information about medications in breast milk
- Motherisk (Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Ontario)
Or call for help with a specific question: 1-877-439-2744 or 416-813-6780
- Organization of Teratology Information Specialists (OTIS)
- Fact sheets about commonly used medications in pregnancy and lactation
- Perinatal Services BC
Guidelines and Standards
- Perinatology Reference
- The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC)
Clinical practice guidelines
- Briggs GG, Freeman RK, Yaffe SJ. Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation 11th Ed 2017. *Use most current edition
- Hale TW & Rowe HE. Medications and Mothers’ Milk. Springer Publishing; New York, NY: 2017. *Use most current edition