CSHP not only connects you with a strong professional association, but also to a dynamic and growing network of hospital pharmacy colleagues. Help instill fresh energy into your national association for expanding and improving programs and services. Learn more
Members are individuals with a professional degree in pharmacy who support the mission of CSHP and who have paid membership fees.
For the year July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019
Applications and renewals are now being accepted for the 2018/2019 membership cycle
Download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Members have the right to
- vote at the AGM and any Special Meeting of CSHP;
- serve as a Director;
- serve as chair or member of a Committee, Task Force or Affiliated Board; and
- be an External Representative.
Every Member with the exception of those residing outside Canada, must be connected with a Branch and pay the applicable branch fee. Individuals living outside Canada who wish to be connected with a branch must pay the applicable branch fee.
Professional Liability Insurance
CSHP offers competitively-priced pharmacist rates. The insurance policy term runs from July 1 to June 30 each year. For more information, visit our liability insurance page.
Your journey continues with CSHP!
- Attend continuing education programs through conferences and online programs. These events are held both nationally and locally and offer the opportunity to learn from leaders in hospital pharmacy practice
- Attend CSHP meetings, conferences, and educational events at Member rates
- Stay informed with subscriptions to the Canadian Journal of Hospital Pharmacy (CJHP), the CSHP e-Newsbrief, and the CSHP eBulletin
- Network with hospital pharmacy leaders at CSHP events
- Network with CSHP Members and Supporters from a variety of hospital pharmacy practice settings through Pharmacy Specialty Networks (PSNs). CSHP offers PSNs which focus on cardiology, infectious diseases, paediatrics, primary care, and more!
- CSHP leads advocacy campaigns on your behalf to advance hospital pharmacy practice. Join our efforts and have your voice heard by elected officials, senior public servants, chief executives of hospital and regional health systems, and healthcare/pharmacy stakeholder organizations from across Canada.
- Volunteer on a committee, task force, or affiliated board. Consider also serving as a Director or External Representative. Involvement will enhance your professional connections and exposure to all that CSHP offers
If someone encouraged to you join CSHP, provide their name on the ‘referral’ line in your application, and they'll get the credit! Those who make a referral receive $10 for encouraging Members and Supporters to join and $5 for referring pharmacy residents and students. Credit can be applied toward publications, continuing education programs, and renewal fees. Learn more about CSHP's referral program.