New Hospital Pharmacy Practitioner Award Criteria
The submission consists of an online application and a signature form. The signature form must be signed by three CSHP Members who are endorsing the individual. Following the submission of the online application, the signature form must be completed and returned to CSHP. Applications are screened for compliance with the criteria for this award and for the required endorsements. The applications are then blinded and sent to the Awards Committee for review and final selection.
Applications and signature forms will be accepted until 23:59 PDT October 7, 2018.
The following eligibility requirements apply:
- The applicant has paid CSHP membership fees for the current year
- The applicant has been practising in an organized healthcare setting for no more than five years following completion of pharmacy training, such as residency and Pharm.D. programs
- The applicant has maintained a continuous membership with CSHP from the time of entry into hospital practice (including as a pharmacy resident) until application for the award. For example, candidates who graduated in 2013 are required to have held a CSHP membership for five consecutive years. Individuals may choose to apply for this award one year after graduating, in which case, a minimum of one year of membership is required. Pharmacists currently enrolled in a residency program are not eligible for this award
- The applicant has demonstrated sustained excellence in hospital pharmacy practice
- The applicant has made an exceptional contribution to hospital pharmacy since graduation through education of healthcare practitioners or the public or through publications, presentations, research or voluntary participation in CSHP activities (work completed during residency and Pharm.D training programs will not be considered in assessing this award)
- The applicant has been endorsed by three CSHP Members who can provide independent validation of the candidate’s contributions to hospital pharmacy practice and who can attest to the candidate’s worthiness for the award
- Those who are endorsing the applicant (by signing the signature form) must also have paid CSHP membership fees for the current year
Each recipient is recognized during an awards ceremony at the Professional Practice Conference (PPC) and is presented with a framed certificate and a cash award of $1500.
It is suggested that you compose your submission using your normal word processor and copy/paste the information into the online nomination form. This will ensure that you have a local copy in case of computer error. Save a copy of your submission for your records before you enter it online.
You will be asked to list current and past employers in pharmacy practice following completion of pharmacy training.
You will be asked to provide information about your experience in an organized healthcare setting (following completion of pharmacy training), such as professional, academic, research, business, or other appropriate pharmacy or pharmacy-related experience and activities.
You will be asked to document your service to patient care and teaching activities (following completion of pharmacy training).
You will be asked to list your pharmacy-related publications and presentations. Exclude presentations or project work directly associated with coursework.
You will be asked to provide information about your CSHP involvement through participating in committee/task force work, holding office, and through elected or appointed positions.
Letters of support are optional due to the fact that the submission will be blinded prior to evaluation. If letters of support are included with your submission, please keep identifying information to a minimum. Otherwise, the letters will not be reviewed during the selection process.
The following document must accompany the application:
- signature form