For more information, please contact the Membership Committee Chair, Laura Minard.
Post Graduate Education
NS Pharmacy Student Sponsorship
There are two $500 awards available to students entering their fourth year of pharmacy and who have demonstrated an interest in a hospital pharmacy career.
- Student Award Criteria
- Student Award Application Form
Sister Francis dePaul Award
This award, a reference book or a subscription to a professional journal, is offered annually by the Nova Scotia Branch of the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists and is presented to a graduating student entering a hospital pharmacy residency programme, who is a member of CSHP, and excels in the PBL curriculum. A student is automatically considered for the award when they complete the Student Activity Forms at the end of the year. Academic standing is also considered.
CSHP/CAPSI Hospital Pharmacy Student Award
This award is sponsored by the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists (CSHP) and Canadian Association of Pharmacy Students and Interns (CAPSI). This award recognizes pharmacy students who show promise as future hospital pharmacy practitioners through their student activities or their experiential training in direct patient care, research or education. The candidates exhibit eagerness, dedication and a positive attitude towards academic learning, the profession and the practice of hospital pharmacy.
Residency Sites in Atlantic Canada
- Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, NS
- The Moncton Hospital - South East Regional Health Authority, Moncton, NB
- Atlantic Health Sciences Corporation - Saint John Regional Hospital, Saint John, NB
A hospital pharmacy residency is a 12-month, postgraduate learning experience. Through structured rotations in various areas of pharmacy practice, the program aims to prepare pharmacists for exemplary pharmacy practice. The purpose of a general hospital pharmacy residency program is:
- to provide an experiential learning environment using practitioner role models so the necessary skills, knowledge and values required to be a hospital pharmacist can be acquired and applied by the resident in the provision of exemplary patient care.
- to develop competent and progressive pharmacy practitioners and encourage future leaders for the profession.
The Hospital Pharmacy Residency Award
Awarded annually to a hospital pharmacy resident whose major project is judged to be the most deserving in terms of significant innovation, practical application and/or development in an institutional pharmacy practice setting. This award is administered in conjunction with NB Branch of CSHP and is a $1000 cash prize and engraved memento.
- Resident Award Criteria
- Resident Award Application Form