CSHP Ontario Branch 71st Annual Education Conference and AGM
71st Annual CSHP Ontario Branch Conference
Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Educational Sessions 2019
Saturday, November 16, 2019
Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy
On behalf of the CSHP Ontario Branch Education Committee, we are excited to present you the 71st Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Educational Sessions!
The Education Committee is very dedicated in developing a program with topics covering a range of specialties and issues relevant to hospital pharmacy practitioners. We will have another exciting lineup of presentations and workshops this year offering speakers with strong expertise in their areas.
The 2019 Program will offer topics ranging from specialties and issues relevant to hospital and primary care pharmacy practitioners. 2019 will continue to offer a variety of workshop options for you to tailor your learning! In the afternoon, we have specific workshops in hospital care, leadership and primary care for you to select.
Please note that the CSHP Ontario Branch Awards Ceremony will be held at the University Club of Toronto located at 380 University Avenue immediately following the Education Sessions. The Awards Banquet will include a reception, dinner and the annual award presentations. We look forward to honouring the efforts of our fellow hospital and primary care pharmacists throughout this past year. Be sure to join us for networking, dinner, and the presentation of the Ontario Branch 2019 Awards.
We hope that you are able to take full advantage of the educational value and networking opportunities at our 2019 Conference!
We look forward to welcoming you to another exciting event! Thank you for your ongoing support of CSHP!
Program and Registration
2019 Conference Presentations
Combination Antithrombotic Therapy in CV patients: Who, What and When
Kori Leblanc BScPhm, ACPR, PharmD, Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy Specialist and Research Coordinator, OpenLab and Department of Pharmacy, University Health Network
Panel Discussion: How Pharmacists Can Prove their Worth: A look at demonstrating value on a healthcare team
- Allan Mills, Pharm.D., FCSHP, Director of Pharmacy Services, THP, Asst Prof, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, UofT, Affiliate Scientist, Institute for Better Health
- Olavo A. Fernandes, BScPhm,PharmD, FCSHP, Director of Pharmacy - Clinical & Operations, UHN - Toronto Western Hospital
- Winnie Seto, BScPhm, PharmD, Clinical Pharmacy Manager; Critical Care Pharmacist, Hospital for Sick Children
- Jeff Nagge, PharmD, ACPR, Associate Clinical Professor, School of Pharmacy, University of Waterloo, Pharmacy Lead, Michael G Degroote School of Medicine, Waterloo Regional Campus, McMaster University
Exciting Update: PIONEER-HF Trial
Marie-France Gauthier, BSc, PharmD, ACPR, Clinical Pharmacist, Montfort Hospital
Exciting Update: Interesting ways to incorporate human factors into pharmacy practice
Vivian Law, BSc., BScPhm, PharmD, MSc., Clinical Pharmacist, St. Michael's Hospital
Exciting Update: CREDENCE Trial
Kristine Galido, BScPhm, Clinical Pharmacist, Kingston Health Sciences Centre
(A) Managing Complications of Malignancy
(B) TPN Basics for the Hospital Pharmacist
(C) Preparing for OCP NAPRA Standards: Non-Sterile Compounding
(D) Updates in Asthma and COPD Management
(E) Clinical Cases in Secondary Stroke Prevention
(F) Drug Shortages
(G) Practical Tips in Cannabis Management
(H) Hot Topics in Infectious Disease in 2019
(I) Choosing Wisely – Antipsychotic Deprescribing
2018 Conference Presentations
- Evidence for Use of DOACs in Special Populations (coming soon)
- Panel Discussion: Overcoming Barriers with Expanding Pharmacist Scope of Practice in the Hospital and Ambulatory Setting