Personal Recognition Awards
Deadline for submissions: Friday, July 12, 2019 at 5:30 pm.
Gordon Murray Ontario Branch Contribution Award
This is a nominated award recognizing a CSHP Member who has made long-term, outstanding contributions to the Branch. Applications are evaluated on the basis of Branch contributions and Chapter contributions in this order of priority.
The Dan Dasko Pharmacy Administrator Award
This is a nominated award recognizing a CSHP Member who is a hospital pharmacy administrator (i.e. Director, Manager, Supervisor, Coordinator, etc.) willing to give of themselves to develop the future of the profession and empower their staff to make a difference in hospital pharmacy practice.
The William McLean Clincial Pharmacist Award
This is a nominated award recognizing a CSHP Member who has demonstrated outstanding skills in clinical practice and education.
Artemis Dimantouros Ontario Branch Mentorship Award
This is a nominated award recognizing a CSHP Member who has made significant contributions to the profession of pharmacy through teaching or mentorship. The nominee should have at least five years’ experience in the following categories:
- Preceptor for pharmacy students, interns or hospital pharmacy residents
- Training and/or supervising new staff pharmacists in patient care activities or pharmacy administration
The nominee must also exemplify the combined skills of a teacher, a mentor, confidante, a recognized leader and practitioner through the following activities:
- Positive influence on pharmacy practice to students and residents;
- Continued upgrade of his/ her own skills;
- Teaching through sharing of nominee’s own experiences;
- Ability to motivate and encourage students, peers, and staff;
- Readily creates opportunities for students, peers or staff to gain valuable experiences;
- Enhances the professional image of Hospital Pharmacy through recognized patient care activities and/or hospital pharmacy services, publications, presentations or awards;
- Active participation in various professional committees.
New Hospital Pharmacy Practitioner Award
This award recognizes a candidate must has made an exceptional contribution to hospital pharmacy through patient care innovation, education, publications or participation in CSHP activities. The candidate must have no more than three years of hospital experience.
Hospital Practice in a Rural Setting Award
This award recognizes a candidate who has made a demonstrated impact on the safety and quality of pharmacy services provided in a geographically isolated or rural practice setting.
Pharmacy Technician Award
This is a nominated award recognizing a hospital pharmacy technician who has demonstrated outstanding skills contributing to the safety and quality of pharmacy services.