Pharmacy Leadership Academy Scholarship Applications Are Now Being Accepted
The CSHP Foundation is committed to offering educational opportunities that develop Canada’s hospital pharmacy leaders using innovative, evidence-based methods. The Pharmacy Leadership Academy (PLA) is a 12 month distance-learning program that will appeal to Canadian hospital pharmacy leaders or those aspiring to leadership positions who would like additional training. This scholarship is for the July 2019 program start date and is valued at the current PLA registration fee. Application information for the scholarship is available on the CSHP Foundation website.
The Pharmacy Leadership Academy has the following program objectives:
- Provide a unique learning alternative to short courses and industry programs and enhancement for pharmacy residency;
- Provide leadership education in a college graduate credit-worthy platform applicable to practitioners in small to large hospitals and health systems;
- Maximize distance education and minimize full-time education;
- Provide real-world pharmacy case studies as a basis for summarizing objectives of topics demonstrating relevance to practitioners;
- Incorporate mentorship into the fabric of the program;
- Educate qualified persons through an advanced Learning Management System and technologies enhancing their leadership performance; and
- Provide a conduit for advanced master degree training through partnerships with colleges/universities.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit an ASHP Foundation Pharmacy Leadership Academy application by February 1, 2019.
NOTE: ASHP will accept applications until April 8, 2019; however, in order to be considered for a CSHP scholarship, you must also apply to the ASHP Foundation by February 1, 2019.
- Submit a CSHP Foundation scholarship application by March 15, 2019.