Pharmacy Operations Manager for Pharmacy Services Opportunity with William Osler Health System
Etobicoke General Hospital
Contact Email: email@example.com
William Osler Health System (Osler) is a multi-site hospital system serving 1.3 million people in one of the fastest-growing and most culturally-diverse regions in Ontario.
With our new 2019-24 Corporate Strategic Plan, Going Beyond for Healthier Communities as our roadmap, we are shifting traditional thinking and re-imagining health care to help people live healthier lives, reduce chronic disease and improve access to care.
At Osler, we are committed to providing safe, equitable, high-quality care in a fulfilling work environment that inspires our staff, physicians and volunteers to learn, innovate and grow. We are proud to be recognized, year after year, as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Diversity Employers.
Here you will work alongside a highly-committed and respected team that understands what it means to go beyond to meet the health care needs of our communities.
LOCATION: – Etobicoke General Hospital
HOURS: Currently Days/Evenings, 8 hours, between 7am and 11pm (7 days a week), including weekends and statutory holidays (Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
The Pharmacy Operations Manager for Pharmacy Services is responsible for the managerial oversight of centralized pharmacy distribution services. This role includes, but is not limited to managing and overseeing daily operations, department communications, human resource management, operations workflow, orientation, training and staff development, and policy and procedure development and implementation. The activities of this individual must facilitate the integration of systematic change that positively impacts the provision of quality and customer service.
William Osler Health System is Ontario's largest community hospital serving the diverse and growing communities of Etobicoke, Brampton and surrounding regions of the Central West Local Health Integration Network. As a regional referral centre, Osler provides programs and services to nearly one million area residents. Incorporated in 1998, Osler has three unique sites, each providing a wide range of services:
- Brampton Civic Hospital provides Osler's most complex and seriously ill or injured patients through a mix of inpatient and outpatient services.
- Etobicoke General Hospital is a traditional community hospital that provides all aspects of care from emergency care to surgery and specialist visits.
- Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness, provides urgent and emergency care; day surgery and specialty clinics; and focus on helping individuals with chronic conditions manage their disease better.
Working in close collaboration with other members of the management team across the sites, the Pharmacy Operations Manager develops and implements the delivery of efficient, safe and high quality pharmaceutical and medication management services. They will also ensure that these services reflect evidence-based, outcome-oriented best practices that are in compliance with safe medication practices and accreditation standards.
Your duties will consist of’ the dispensing and distribution of medications (including individual patient prescriptions, ward stock and narcotics), non-sterile compounding, collection of Best Possible Medication History, ADU replenishment, inventory control. Other duties as assigned.
- Must be eligible for licensure in Ontario with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (Part A)
- Post-graduate degree in management or clinical pharmacy practice an asset
- Hospital Pharmacy Residency program certification would be an asset
- Minimum 2-3 years recent related progressive leadership in acute care setting
- Collaborates and builds capacity across the organization, develops positive internal and external relationships in an atmosphere of trust, with strong conflict resolution and critical thinking skills
- Impact and influence to inspire large numbers of staff through effective communication skills
- Organizational awareness and the ability to encourage diversity
- Results orientation with a strong commitment to innovation and ongoing process improvement
- Service and quality orientation that anticipates customer and stakeholder needs
- Developing others
- Holding self and others accountable
- Established reputation for utilizing a consultative, collaborative style of leadership and for pushing the status quo and helping others to recognize the need for change
- Business acumen (strong financial and human resource management)
- Planning, coordination and execution of services and large-scale initiatives across a corporation
- Development of effective business plans and project proposals
- Ability to travel between hospital sites.
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
* In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume with your on-line application.
** Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted **
Please apply online at www.williamoslerhs.ca
POSTING # – OSLER08107