Nominations are due by October 31, 2023 (23:59 Pacific Time)
Purpose and criteria
This award recognizes a specific project, protocol, process, or initiative of importance to hospital pharmacy practice that was implemented in a hospital or healthcare facility. Programs or initiatives may involve departments from outside of pharmacy, such as interprofessional clinics (e.g., family care teams).
This award is granted to an individual or team that has successfully guided a group of pharmacy professionals to a higher, sustained level of performance. Given the rise in extreme weather events (and their consequent health impacts), submissions related to climate change may be given special consideration.
The project, protocol, process, or initiative described in the application must illustrate leadership in one or more the following ways:
- Inspiring a shared higher purpose and vision of pharmacy practice
- Leading with care, tending to the emotional well-being of others
- Respecting and encouraging diverse perspectives
- Encouraging creativity, innovation, resourcefulness, and accountability
- Forging strong, strategic relationships with stakeholders
- Exhibiting a commitment to high standards of integrity and responsibility in their work
- Actively listening to input from team members
- Other related qualities that may be considered during the selection process
- Submissions that are not project-based will be disqualified
This award is open to current Members and Individual Supporters of CSHP (including Pharmacists or Pharmacy Graduates, Pharmacy Technicians, Supporters, and Students) who have held CSHP membership for at least 12 consecutive months at the time the award nomination is submitted. In the event of a team nomination, at least one team-member must meet eligibility requirements. Only one award will be granted each year; if there are no qualified candidates, the award will not be given.
About the award
The award will be presented at CSHP's national conference. All award winners will receive a personalized framed certificate. One winner will receive complimentary conference registration along with travel and accommodation to attend the event.
Award submissions will be adjudicated by the National Awards Committee. Assessment will be based solely on the information provided. In the event of a peer-nomination, additional details may be requested by the Awards Committee.
- Nominations due by October 31 (23:59 Pacific Time)
- Winners contacted in December
- Winners announced in January via website, email, and social media
Submit an individual or team for consideration using this nomination form.
Please provide the following documents with your completed nomination form:
- A nomination letter (not exceeding 1000 words) which outlines the reasons that the nominated individual or team is recommended for consideration. The letter should describe how the work of the nominee (or team) meets the criteria for the award. You may nominate yourself or someone else for this award.
- At least two letters of support (not exceeding 300 words each) from individuals, other than the nominator (including contact information), who have first-hand knowledge of the accomplishments of the nominated individual or team. Letters should describe why the candidate(s) should receive the award. Letters of endorsement must be submitted by someone other than the primary applicant/nominee, such as a supervisor, a collaborator, or another member of the nominated team who may or may not be a CSHP member.
- Up to two supporting documents (of any length) that provide additional information about the project, protocol, process, or initiative. This may include posters, presentations, manuscripts, etc.
- Completed signature form
- In the event of a peer-nomination, additional details may be requested by the Awards Committee
Completed nominations may be returned to CSHP by mail, fax, or email.
Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists
30 Concourse Gate, Unit 27, Ottawa ON K2E 7V7
If you would like more information, please contact Robyn Rockwell, Membership and Awards Administrator, at email@example.com or 613-909-9964.