On this page
Boost your career with a CSHP membership
From student mentorship programs, to free webinars, to weekly newsletters, a CSHP membership opens up a world of opportunity. Put money in your pocket with discounted rates for CSHP's very own Residency Roadmap and Hospital Pharmacy 101 programs. View the full list of membership benefits.
Looking to renew your membership? Click here.
Student Pharmacist Supporter membership is for pharmacy and pharmacy technician students (or equivalent) enrolled in a first professional degree or diploma program. Memberships expire on June 30.
Before you apply
Prepare to upload verification of enrollment. If you are enrolled in postgraduate programs, apply for an In-training membership here. Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and international citizens can join any Branch.
We're better together
- Branch student mentorship programs
- Local connection through your Branch
- Volunteer opportunities on the Board, Branch Executive, and other committees
- Member directory
Communications & Publications
Programs & Resources
- Professional Liability Insurance and services at discounted rates
- National and Branch affinity programs, including insurance (home, auto, travel), and car rental discounts
- Discounted rates for ASHP and Pharmaceutical Press publications
Pharmacy issues of national importance
- Position statements on the issues that impact your practice, like medical assistance in dying and cannabis for the hospitalized patient
- Advocacy ensuring public policy makers at the federal level understand and consider hospital pharmacy perspectives
- Guidelines and information papers to advance excellent hospital pharmacy practice across the country
- Hospital pharmacy representation in Health Canada consultations
- Advocacy addressing drug shortages and working to prevent U.S. drug importation from Canada
Professional Liability Insurance
Once you have joined CSHP, you are eligible to apply for professional liability insurance through the Society’s group insurance program with BMS. CSHP offers competitively priced student rates that will cover you as an undergraduate, pharmacy resident, and post-graduate student.
The Insurance policy term runs from July 1 to June 30 each year.
Membership Application Form
Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists
Société canadienne des pharmaciens d’hôpitaux
30 Concourse Gate, Unit 3
Ottawa, Ontario K2E 7V7
Tel: (613) 909-9964
Toll Free: 1 (877) 340-2756, ext. 222